Dafinë Neziri receives „Golden Mask for Make-up Art“ Award
The "Golden Mask for Make-up Art 2022" goes to Dafinë Neziri. The German-Kosovar belongs to the established greats in the international fashion and beauty business. She is active in many countries around the globe with her unique make-up techniques. Dafinë Neziri is not only a very talented and successful make-up artist in Europe, but her expertise is also in great demand as a lecturer in workshops. At BEAUTY DÜSSELDORF, Messe Düsseldorf and KRYOLAN Professional Make-up award make-up artists with the "Golden Mask for Make-Up Art" for exceptional creativity, professional competence and special commitment to the make-up profession. Dafinë Neziri will present her skills live on Saturday, 7 May, on the "Meeting Point" stage in Hall 10 and demonstrate a make-up.
We had a chat with the likeable award winner:
1. In which city were you born and in which city do you live now? I was born in Gjilan (Kosovo). I emigrated to Germany with my family when I was 2 years old. My family and I grew up in Göppingen (Baden-Württemberg) and have been living in Göppingen since then.
2. What is your marital status? I am married and have a 6-year-old boy named Darian.
3. What do you miss about Germany? Do you visit your old home country often? It's not that I miss anything significant about Germany, because fortunately I travel all over the world on business, including my home country.
Describe yourself in five words (character traits)! It's really hard to describe me in 5 words, but I try my best: hardworking, passionate, inspiring, adventurous and ambitious.
5. How did the passion for make-up come about? It started when I was little, I loved to draw and paint, colours, geometric figures and so on. It developed in the future while trying many types of make-up looks on my face. I loved the fact that there are no limits in make-up art. What fascinated me is that you can create and develop something new every day. With my training and experience, I am able to use my imagination in many ways to express my creativity in a way that makes the model in front of me happy with her best version of herself.
6. What is special about your job? Why do you find satisfaction in this job? I have worked hard to perfect my techniques and the attention to detail has made it easier. The best thing for me is that I can teach others my make-up skills and be a really good example to my students. Make-up is a profession that is different from all others. It is a profession that has allowed me to live a dream.
What do you think is a special trend in make-up this year? Is there a colour that is particularly trendy? I am very confident when it comes to colours. I personally prefer a certain purple colour that I have used a lot this year.
8. How have you survived the Corona pandemic so far? Did you have to close your business or school in the meantime? Like everyone affected by the current pandemic, it has affected me and my business. Due to the closures, we were closed for almost a year. I have to say, as bad as it was for me and my staff, we had some hope to keep going through social media. So we kept working from home, creating new tutorials for ourselves and other businesses and somehow that was a push to get through the current situation.
9. You are very active on social media. What do you enjoy most about it? What do you want to share with your followers? One of my biggest passions is editing makeup tutorials / videos. We also broke our record, we reached 200 million views on Tik Tok and 150 million views on Instagram. And that's only after one year! I love sharing my pictures and videos with my followers and inspiring them with lots of content, so they can find anything on my page if they need inspiration anywhere.
10. What do you do to balance your career? Do you like any particular hobbies or have a passion for any subject? My hobbies are: Reading books, sports, playing the piano and travelling.
11. Is there a motto in life? Never give up on your dreams
12. What is your biggest dream? What do you still want to achieve? I prefer to name my goals only when I have achieved them. It's a step by step system with hard work and passion in between.